- GO TO ITAXOpen your browser and go to https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- LOGINEnter your KRA PIN, click Continue. Enter Password and Security Stamp ( answer to arithmetic sum) and Click Log In
- GO TO RETURNS MENUGo to Returns Menu and select ITR For Employment Income Only
- ENTER RETURN PERIODEnter Return Period, select ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Do you have employment income?’ and Click ‘Next’
- FILL IN RETURN INFORMATIONUnder basic information, answer the questions asked appropriately and Click ‘Next’
- CONFIRM DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT INCOMEGo to Section F, details of employment income and confirm the name and PIN of employer, Gross Pay and other allowances as per your P9 form.
- CONFIRM DETAILS OF PAYE DEDUCTEDGo to Sheet M, details of PAYE deducted, confirm Employer details, Taxable salary, chargeable pay, Tax payable on taxable salary and PAYE deducted. Details can be modified as per your P9.
- ENTER DETAILS OF INCOME TAX PAID IN ADVANCEGo to Section Q and capture a payment if any, made prior to the filing of the return
- TAX COMPUTATIONGo to Section T, Tax Computation, Enter defined/pension contribution amount (as per your P9 actual contribution by employee) and personal relief. Click ‘Submit’ and download the E-return acknowledgment receipt
How to File Income Tax Return (Using Excel)
Follow this government tutorial on how to file your Kenyan tax returns on excel.
Simple Steps on How To File an Amended Return
Simple Steps on How To File an Amended Return for kenya revenue authority 2022
- ITAX LOGIN Log into your iTax profile. The system takes you to the home page.
- RETURNS MENU On the red menu bar, rest the mouse on ‘Returns’
- SELECT FILE AMENDED RETURN OPTIONA drop down menu will appear. Click on the ‘File amended return option’
- TAX OBLIGATION Under Tax obligation, select applicable obligation e.g. Value Added Tax (VAT) (4). The Taxpayer type and the PIN will be auto populated.
- RETURN PERIOD Capture the ‘Return period from’. This should be the period relating to the return you would like to amend. Then click on ‘Download’
- DOWNLOAD Click on ‘OK’ for the download process to begin. The download folder will contain the actual return as well as the CSV files, if at all the previous return had any. These will allow you to recreate the previously filed return.
- AMEND REQUIRED FIELDS Depending on the affected entries, you will amend the required fields on the return. Once through, validate the return to generate the zipped upload file.
- UPLOAD AMENDED RETURN Log back onto your profile to upload the amended return. (Follow the same steps as used to download the return. The return will be uploaded on the same page from which the return was downloaded). Click on ?Choose File? and browse for the zipped upload file that was generated.
- SUBMIT Once done, click on the Submit button to complete the amendment process. The return will automatically be approved. NOTE: 1) Should the amendment result in an increase in liability once the return is filed, go to the “Payments” option and generate a PRN which will contain a unique reference number which may be used to effect the payment at the bank or via internet or mobile payment. 2) Should the amended return result in a decrease in liability, a task will be created in iTax for an officer to validate the amended return prior to approval of the same.
How to File a NIL Return on iTax kra 2020
FOLLOW THE YOUTUBE TUTORIAL